The latest version of Visual Studio is here and here are the different versions it supports (Premium / Ultimate / Professional) and their feature differences.
Personally i’m most thrilled and would be testing out these VC++ features in the same order –
- Call Hierarchy Window (great for learning existing code layout)
- VC++ Parallel programming Library (PPL)
- Return of the MFC class wizard.
- Ribbon Designer for MFC. Wonder how this control works and how to define a context.
- Code profiling and coverage (out with Rational for these tasks) with emphasis on threading
- Generating code and architecture diagrams
- Recordings of manual tests and their playback – wow for QA teams i suppose ?