I read a lot of blogs (or at least i used to). After neglecting my enthusiastic collection of blog links (157) of THE top most readable material on the web for over an year, i decided it was time to change.
I made 3 folders
- Check daily – contains max 10 blogs i will check and read new articles from
- Tech Stuff – Has blogs, tech news and lots of similar stuff
- Photography stuff
The point is, the only way i could catch up on my reading was if i was not trying to catch up with a lot of things. In short, i was coping with information overload by just ignoring all that information.
So my solution was to arrange stuff so that i could catch up with the ones that mattered. The rest, well i might flip through them on evenings or weekends IF i get around doing that and i would still be better than before, and not ignore it totally.
Where else do we face overload and how do you cope ?
- email accounts
- Electronic stuff that you work with/want to buy
- Health notes from forwards and emails
- List of things to do / read etc
- Things to keep track off, and manage at work
- Education (exams skipped during school coz you would not score anyway?)
- Weight loss – (So much to do, might as well not try)
- Social Networking updates ?
- Cooking ?
- Stocks and Financial info ?
I wonder if there is any other way to cope with overload, other than just filtering … outsourcing ??